CONCEALED WEAPONS/FIREARMS PERMIT TRAINING CLASS
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing, is the licensing body for people to obtain their Florida Concealed Weapons/Firearms Permit. The permit is good for seven years. The State of Florida has reciprocity with 36 other states. You do not need to be a resident of Florida to obtain your Florida Concealed Weapons/Firearms. Therefore, U.S. citizen is eligible to obtain a Florida Concealed Carry Weapons/Firearms Permit.*
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR YOUR FLORIDA CCWP
Informative links to apply for your license:
Material Used to Create the Training and the Examination
Use of Deadly Force
1) Certificate of Training (You will get the certificate after you complete the class)
2) State of Florida Application (Click HERE to download the application)
3) Blue colored fingerprint card (Go to your local Sheriff or Police Department. Make sure you use blue and not red card)
4) One passport photograph (Go to any place that will take passport photographs)
Once all of the documents are collected put them in an envelope and mail them to the address on the top of the application.
If you live or are visiting Florida you have two additional options other than mailing in your permit package. This is the recommended method of applying for your licenses and will reduce your wait time for a permit to under 4 weeks. All you need to bring to these offices is your certificate of training and a valid ID. They help you complete the application, take your photograph and fingerprints and mail in your application for you.
(1) You can visit a local Tax collectors office. To determine if there is one in your area please go HERE.
(2) You can visit one of the Florida Department of Agriculture Division of Licensing, Division Offices.
Before you send in your application you need to collect the following documents: